The pandemic brought both challenges and surprising opportunities for Blue Heron. Offering bold, creative planning that was generously celebrated by you, our devoted community, Blue Heron reaffirmed its sustainability and growth, even during a year of unprecedented uncertainty. In 2020-21 we presented:
- A full online subscription series
- Three Spotlight Sessions featuring Blue Heron musicians and special guests
- The Ockeghem Academy, a 3-part lecture series complementing our Ockeghem@600 project
As we close out this season, we ask you to help us prepare for next season with a gift that will ensure a vital return to a full season of both familiar and new live programming. Take a sneak peek at our goals for 2021-2022:
- Reprogramming concerts that were canceled at the beginning of the pandemic, including Many Voices with Mehmet Ali Sanlıkol and DÜNYA.
- Providing the option to attend concerts either live or online.
- Participating in both virtual and live international tours, beginning with an August 2021 virtual performance at the Laus Polyphoniae Festival in Antwerp, followed by a June 2022 live tour in Germany and Belgium (rescheduled from 2020).
- Building educational and outreach connections with organizations that represent a more diverse constituency than the traditional audiences for Renaissance polyphony.
That we are able to contemplate these goals is attributable in every way to your generosity!
As we welcome new friends into the Blue Heron family from across the United States and Europe, we ask you to please help us reach our goal of $30,000 so we may continue to share the joy of our music both near and far, in person or virtually.
With my sincere appreciation,
Click below to support Blue Heron with a donation by credit or debit card:
We welcome donations by check, made payable to “Blue Heron”, and mailed to:
950 Watertown Street, Suite 8
West Newton, MA 02465
Contributions will be acknowledged in our concert program books at the following levels of support:
Archangel $10,000 and above
Angel $5,000 – $9,999
Benefactor $2,500 – $4,999
Guarantor $1,250 – $2,499
Patron $600 – $1,249
Sponsor $300 – $599
Supporter $125 – $299
Friend $50 – $124
Stocks and IRA distributions
Blue Heron does accept gifts of stock. Contact us for information on how to make a stock transfer. Did you know that distributions from IRAs made directly to Blue Heron may also receive favorable tax treatment? Ask your financial advisor.
Did you know the value of your gift can be doubled? Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by their employees. If your employer sponsors a matching program, please leverage your support: request a matching gift form from your employer, and send the completed and signed form in to Blue Heron with your donation. We will do the rest.
Underwriting a concert
Would you like to dedicate a concert to the memory of a special person in your life? Or, in honor of someone? You can do so by underwriting a major portion of the costs of a single concert on our Cambridge series. Learn more about this opportunity.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Blue Heron Renaissance Choir, Inc. is a a tax-exempt non-profit organization under IRS code section 501(c)(3). Tax ID: 04-3522239.